Monday, February 7, 2011

Shabby and Gorgeous Two Page Layout for a Girl ......Paper Pieced Dance Ballerina Pink Rose

My two little Ballerina girls.... 
I have handmade both their tutu's! And do you see the little pearls on their shoes?
Shabby and Gorgeous Two Page Layout for a Girl ......Paper Pieced Dance Ballerina Pink Rose
The first page has two sewn photo mats. Gorgeous print from K & Company. I put pretty flowers adorning every photo mat. The one on the left has two gold glittery shimmery layered flowers with brad centers. It has a pink grosgrain ribbon running up and down. Photo will slide easily behind that. Above that is a little ballet recital book. There is the word "love" attached to that ribbon, so you will see this placed over your photo. Below that is the embellishment that I created that reads "Dance" with chipboard letters, matted onto a shabby print, and then matted again onto textured cardstock. Edges have been inked for dimension & for detail in chocolate. There are swirls, rhinestones, flowers, & the leaves are this really pretty texture fabric. Next to that is a 3 D chipboard journal box. The outside is popped off the page with pearls & inking & a flower applique. The part that you write on lays flat to the paper, making it easy to write. Above that is a metal charm with a design that reads "Beauty." The photo mat above that is also sewn, & has this soft feeling scalloped white lace running across. Photo will slide easily behind that lace also. Flowers at the top are accompanied by a cream crocheted doily. There's also pearls in the center of these flowers & there is a "blingy" flower. If you look at the border at the top (and bottom) they are layered with paper, ribbon& lace. I attached shabby buttons all the way across.

On the next set of pages, you have my freehand drawn little ballerinas. The borders at the top & the bottom are the same on both pages. On this page, there are two photo mats also. At the top of the first one (on the left) there are gorgeous flowers at the tops, leaves, blingy flower, & a rhinestone jewelry piece. This photo mat also has lace running across. Below that are more flowers, rhinestone jewelry piece, & a vintage feeling dancer charm. On the right is a metal rimmed circle with cream satin ribbon. There are also white feathers on this page. The second photo mat is sewn & tucked just enough under the lace border at the top. Then, there are little flowers, applique style leaf, & swirls too. The top of the photo mat has a metal embellishment that reads "Joy." Below that are one of the main focuses of the page, and that would be the two sweet ballerinas in their HANDMADE tutu's! Yes, I have hand attached each little piece of tulle, until I created two pink tutu's for the girls. They're standing near the balance bar. They're reaching up. The one girl has a rhinestone style flower in her hair, the other has pearls and a flower applique. Did you see their little shoes? Pink ballet shoes with pearls on the side. I had fun drawing these little girls. Their cheeks are rosy pink and they have cute little chubby girl legs :) There are also painted pearls at the bottom of each page, along the border, inbetween each scallop of the punches. 

Thanks so much for taking a look, and if you have any questions, let me know :) 
Happy craftin', scrappin' & rubberstampin'! 
Emily

2 comments:

Pamela Scott said...

OMG!!! I love this has to be one of my faves of yours I sure wish I lived next door I would be over all the time helping you out..LOL :-)

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

Thank you!!! I would definitely let you! lol. I hope you like coffee to! Noone around here scrapbooks and although I try to include my daughter, she stops at paper punching, lol (she's only 8).